Aging is often associated with a gradual decline in self sufficiency. Most elderly people prefer to stay in their homes for as long as possible which often means that they will need help taking care of both themselves and their home. If you have decided to have an in-home health care aide come to care for your loved one in their home, you will want to make sure that they are compassionate and qualified.
These important questions can help you interview your prospective home health aide:
- Are they certified as a home health aide with special training patient safety, personal care and patient positioning?
- Do they have experience with dementia patients?
- Are they able to manage your specific healthcare, household and behavioral care needs?
- What is their past work experience?
- Are they able to provide references?
- How long were they at their last position and why did they leave?
- Are they available at the times needed?
- Are they able to provide back-up if sick?
Hiring a home health agency can often relieve some of the stress that comes in hiring a home health aide. They take care of the initial interviewing process for you. A home health agency will pre-screen the aide to ensure that all of their certifications and credentials are valid and up-to-date as well as make sure that the aide’s skills specifically match your loved ones needs. An agency will check references and even conduct a criminal background check. Furthermore, should your aide be sick and unable to work on a particular day, an agency will provide your loved one with a qualified substitute.
David York Home Healthcare Agency is a leader in home health care in the New York metropolitan area. At David York Agency, we have a nurse talk to you as soon as you call to ensure that the aides sent to your door are specifically trained in the kind of care you need. We will discuss client cases in depth to work out every detail, easing the stress and concern of all parties involved. Potential clients can call for a free consultation today at 718-376-7755 or visit us at our website by visiting David York Agency. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Google + or LinkedIn.