We wanted to apprise you of the measures we have taken to date to ensure the safety of your loved ones.
We at David York Agency take our roles as caregivers and the trust you place in us extremely seriously. As you are probably aware, the segment that is most at risk with respect to the coronavirus is the elderly. We fully recognize all the risk factors attached to this group and have mapped out how to deal with coronavirus in Brooklyn and beyond.
We have instituted the following to protect our clients from the coronavirus in Brooklyn and elsewhere:
- Extra in-service training has been provided for our home health aides on how to care for patients during this epidemic.
- We have instructed our aides not to take clients into crowded places.
- We have continued to emphasize the important of good hygiene in the elderly. Furthermore, we re-emphasized the critical need for extra hand washing.
- Our aides are on the lookout for signs and symptoms of the virus in their clients and we check with them regularly to make sure they are.
- We have stressed the need to keep the nutrition of the client up at this critical juncture.
- Extra masks and gloves are provided as needed.
- We have told all our aides to be in touch with our office if they notice ANY changes in behavior or condition of the client.
With respect to the aides,
- We have stressed the importance of their personal hygiene as well. They also must be meticulous with their own cleanliness and hand washing.
- We are in constant touch with our aides to inquire about their own signs and symptoms.
- If a situation should arise where there is any question at all as to their status with respect to the virus, we will take them off the case and replace them immediately.
The WHO & the CDC
David York Agency is up to date on the recommendations by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on a constant basis. The health of our clients and our staff is paramount to us.
This, indeed, is a stressful time for our whole community. We aim to reassure you and take some of the burden off your shoulders. If you have any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at any time.
We will all get through this together.